Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Mav goes Spartan update: mud running and holiday streaking!


Howdy, 
I know I haven't updated much, but honestly how many different ways can you say "I ran and did burpees". So for now I'll be updating only when I have something significant to add.

I found a local 5k trail/obstacle run that I'm gonna give a try.  It's small, but I think it's a good way to get my feet wet (literally) in the obstacle run world.  This way I'll know if I actually like obstacle running.

It's called Mud, Sweat and Cheers and is December 4. I'll update on how I did and what I thought afterwards.


I'm also considering doing the #RWRunStreak again this holiday. The streak is an initiative started by Runners World magazine that encourages you to run at least a mile every day from Thanksgiving until New Years Day.  If I do attempt it this year I need to make sure to do it properly and not just try to rush through the daily mile. I didn't warm up properly many times last year and it caused a lot of pain and small injuries.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Mav

No comments:

Post a Comment